Sunday, February 15, 2009

The track after 10 months & mud control

The track has been proven to be very effective.
I was able to bale about 360 bales of hay - which is a nice benefit of using a track. Saves me hundreds of dollars!
Thrush is as good as non existent.
My horses are in great shape and have been exercising througout the winter. They are out 24/7.
My foundered mare Dyna has shown huge improvements, the rotation went down significantly. We are working on getting her thicker soles now with some extra biotin.
We cleared out the fence line and have replaced it with electric fence. 3 trees have been cut down, and the horses have enjoyed chewing on the bark.
This spring I hope to add pea gravel in the muddy spots & around the barn.
After 10 months of paddock paradise I must conclude that this is the best thing I've ever done for my horses!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, I am about to embark on a track project. My biggest concern is mud. WHat measures did you take for mud control?

Thanks, your blog is wonderful!

--Kirsten